Thursday, June 2, 2011

Choosing Happiness

A customer sat staring sul­lenly into his drink. "Something wrong?" asked the bar­tender.

"Well, two months ago," the young man replied, "my grandfather died and left me $85,000 in oil stock."

"That doesn't sound like something to get upset about," said the bartender.

"But last month, my uncle passed away," the young man continued. "He left me $150,000."

"So why are you sitting there so unhappy?"

"Well, this month so far, not a cent!"

Perhaps he had not read Horace's words about how to be happy:

Happy is the man and happy is he alone,
He who can call today his own.
He who is secure within can say,
'Tomorrow do thy worst,
for I have lived today.'

Today is all we have, really. Now is the best time to choose happiness.
 
-- Steve Goodier (Life Support)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.