His brilliant and innovative spirit will be deeply missed.
Below are some great quotes from him:
- Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.
- Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't let the opinions of others drown out your own inner voice. And most important, to follow your heart and intuition. Somehow already know what you want to become. Everything else is secondary.
- Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Don't settle.
- You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.
- Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
Born Steven Paul Jobs
February 24, 1955
San Francisco, California, U.S.
Died Oct 5, 2011 (aged 56)
Palo Alto, California, U.S.
Alma mater Reed College (one semester in 1972)
Occupation Chairman, Apple Inc.
Net worth $8.3 billion (2011)
Board member of The Walt Disney Company, Apple, Inc.
Spouse Laurene Powell Jobs (1991–2011)
Relatives Mona Simpson (sister)