Friday, March 21, 2014

Blessings in Disguise - A Conversation With God

Me: God, can I ask You a question?
God: Sure.

Me: Promise You won't get mad.
God: I promise.

Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?
God: What do u mean?

Me: Well, I woke up late.
God: Yes.

Me: My car took forever to start.
God: Okay.

Me: At lunch they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait.
God: Mhhmmmmm ..

Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call.
God: All right.

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my new foot massager and relax. But it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?
God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that. I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road. The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work. Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered. Oh and that foot massager, it had a shortage that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm sorry, God.
God: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust Me ... in all things, the good and the bad.

Me: I will trust You.
God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is always better than your plan.

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, thank You for everything today.
God: You're welcome, child. It was just another day being your God and I love looking after My children.

-- Author Unknown


No comments: