Friday, April 11, 2014

Efficient Execution

There was an old man who needed help. He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work as the ground he needed to dig up was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent,
I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.
Love,
Papa


A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Pop,
Don't dig up that garden. That's where the bodies are buried.
Love,
Vinnie


At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived at the old man's house and dug up the entire garden plot area looking for bodies. They found none. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Pop,
Garden soil should be nice and loose. Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now.
Love you,
Vinnie


Moral of the Story:
Sometimes the most efficient way to execute a task is to have others do it for you.

-- Author Unknown

No comments: