Thursday, November 30, 2017

The Lottery

Rob moved to the country and bought a donkey from an old farmer named Ben for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The next day, Ben drove up and said, "Sorry, but I have some bad news. The donkey died."

"Well, then, just give me the money back," said Rob

"Can't do that. I went and spent it already." replied Ben

"OK, then. Just give me the donkey," said Rob.

"What ya going to do with him?" asked Ben.

"I'm going to raffle him off," said Rob.

"You can't raffle off a dead donkey!" sputtered Ben.

"Sure can. Watch me. I just won't tell that he's dead," said Rob.

A month later Ben met up with Rob and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"

"I raffled him off, I did. I sold 500-hundred tickets at two dollars apiece and made a profit of $900," said Rob.

"Didn't anyone complain?" inquired Ben.

"Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back,” said Rob.


Moral of the Story
It's not what you're selling but how you're selling it that makes the difference.


- Author Unknown


No comments: